Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Badger Creek 2008

For all of you who don't know what Badger Creek is, let me explain. It is the outdoor learning center of BYU-Idaho. Kids and families sign up to use the facilities which include high ropes courses, horseback riding, canoeing, rafting, as well as spiritual instruction from the staff. So, it's similar to EFY, although with more outdoor adventures involved.
This is the dangling duo. You have to climb up a 40 ft. ladder without using the cables on the side. All you can us is your partner.

Our Cozy Little Log Home

We even got our own little cabin in the woods. Of course, like our families love to rehearse, we also lived in a tiny one room cabin with only bunk beds for a week and a half. It was definitely an interesting time, especially for two newlyweds.
But apart from that, Tif and I took full advantage of our time there to work and play. Tif worked as the Program Director for Badger Creek and I got a job with Three Peaks Plumbing, Inc., where I worked mostly in Driggs on the Colter Building.

This is the lovely Colter Building where I spent my summer. Featured in the front is little ol' Debertito, my working compadre.

But, when we weren't working, we were enjoying all of the activities offered by the camp and playing with the staff.






You probably didn't know i was so skilled with wild beasts. I kept him tied up while I was riding just to make sure nobody around me got hurt.

My wife even made me try and tackle my fear of heights. Unfortunately, they still scare me to death, although a feel a lot safer being in a harness.

Anyway, summer was awesome!!

4 comments:

Brian Hays said...

Hey Tifani--
This is Angela (you and I went to Indian Creek a while ago, remember?). . .I actually found your blog a while ago and wanted to say CONGRATS on your wedding! That is awesome and he looks like a great guy. I actually have kind of a random question to ask you and had no other way to contact you, so I thought I'd try this. My husband (Brian-- who also went to IC)and I are approaching our one year anniversary (Nov 10) and we were trying to figure out what to do. I thought I remembered Mary visiting you at a cabin(?) near or at Torrey or something and I wanted to see if you wanted to do an exchange. Bry and I are currently working in Island in the Sky district of Canyonlands (behind the vc) in our own studio apt. I was wondering if we could maybe do a switch-a-rooski and see if we could maybe stay at your place near Capitol Reef and you guys could stay here and explore the park/moab for the weekend of Nov8-Nov10. What do you think? We don't have enough money to make a big trip, but we could pay you something each night as well. Will you email me what you think? angelamariehays@gmail.com

Sorry this is so weird.
Ang

Jean said...

Yay! I found your blog! Now I will know what's going on with you....when you post, that is. The pictures of your wedding are gorgeous and I wish I could have been there.

Elise said...

Tiffan"I"-
Just checking in to see how the use of the panini grill went.
I cannot wait until you are done student teaching and then maybe you will put some of that great writing talent into your blog. Thank Will for your efforts.
I am very very veeeeeeeeeery excited for our firm embrace.

Original Kos said...

Hi you two! I just found your blog on Danielle Marble's. So happy to find it! I loved reading how you guys met and courted and everything.

Hope you guys are doing well!