Monday, January 12, 2009

Snowshoeing Photo Shoot

Being unemployed has its perks. It's not often that I get to go snowshoeing with two of my best Badger buds. I am thrilled that Christine and Elise are nearby. Christine has become my running buddy and Elise encourages me to work on my gourmet cooking skills. (Today we attempted pumpkin rolls. Needless to say, they weren't worthy of a blog post. Will termed it, "a baking disaster.)
Back to the adventure . . . it was an overcast Friday morning. Three girls were just aching to see the mountains and this is a travelogue of their journey.
This is base camp, Mount Timpanogos trailhead. Destination: Stewart Falls. Actual course: Somewhere along that mountain yonder. (Good thing we never found Stewart Falls. I learned today from Elise that we would have crossed two avalanche zones to get there.)
We had an individual photo shoot at the amphiteater. Surprisingly, snowshoes grip rock walls pretty well. Elise looks stunning in her hot-pink snowcap.



Christine is sporting a side ponytail so she wouldn't "look like a boy". Secret: She was wearing boys snowpants. Elise and I are just too good at looking tough. The hoods are intimidating, I know.

Even though it just looks like we took pictures, we fit in a fair amount of snowshoeing. I got to hear all of Elise's love confessions, and relive my days of being single. Hooray for friends!

6 comments:

Elise said...

Woot Woot!
I am trying to recall who had the color organizing closet influence on me. It very well may have been you. When I was a kid I used to try & do it by length of sleeve...I am so glad I have influential friends like you to make things better in my life. I've got to redeem myself for the pumpkin roll blunder. I just got a schedule change so I am hoping I can go to the Chilean cooking class, I don't usually know my week schedule until the prior Friday. I will let you know ASAP. I really want to go to one of your basketball games sometime.

kori said...

hey i found your new blog! how have you been friend?

kori said...

hey t-bor! miss hanging out with you- feels like a long time since we've been on an adventure. i successfully destroyed my phone today- i believe its my 5th cell phone that ive ruined. maybe i should just suck it up and pay extra for insurance- but anywhoo i need your phone number now- so please send it along itd be great to talk to ya!

Elder(s) Eddington said...

Hey Tiffani, or Will, this is Matt Eddington. I'm Rachel's younger brother. Hey Will, I'm leaving to the MTC in three weeks and wondered if you could perhaps lend some wisdom on what I should take, and what I shouldn't? I would GREATLY appreciate it, because as of now, I feel like a pack-rat. Please! :) Hi from the Eddingtons.

Will said...

Hey Matt, I'd be happy to give you any information about missionary service. Where are you going to serve? You can email me as well if you'd like.

Elder(s) Eddington said...

Hey Will! I'm serving in the same mission, Paraguay Asuncion Norte'. If you can get me your email, or maybe I'll just keep checking this blog comment spot, it's matthias.edd@gmail.com. Thanks! :)