Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Family Fun at Flaming Gorge

I should have kept the alliteration going but I can't really change the name of Flaming Gorge. I think it's an appropriate title for an article in Parenting magazine.
Enough about the title, and now a few words about the adventure.


Basically, the trip was rainy and overcast, but we still had a lot of fun. It was our first excursion up to the north country and we never knew it was so beautiful.The first day we went to a reservoir for some fishing. Kell and Ana trailed in the little raft just off-shore. Poor little Kell was fighting sickness, and kept falling asleep in the boat. When we made it to the Gorge, it was about five in the afternoon. Surprisingly, the water was warm. Some members of our family stayed ashore and looked pretty while others braved the water.My family kept telling me to not swim too far. I obeyed since I didn't want to worry my husband.The Gorge wasn't the only place we encountered water. Will and I went on a mountain bike ride around the rim while the rest of the kin was off fishing. The trail was supposed to be beginner, but we overcame many rocks and obstacles, such as flooding.

Here's a picture of what went on most of the time--a lot of fishing. My family was die-hard and the rain didn't deter them.
Ana is a little cutie, but constantly has to be entertained, especially in the car. We could only play "I Spy" so many times. The rain eventually drove us to the car and Will helped Kell get past the start menu on the Gameboy. He was practicing his Daddy skills.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Tiff-
We have really got to chat.
Don't think I neglected you by not visiting & adoring your new house,cause I didn't. Sad news- I had major flight issues & couldn't even make it to the wedding. I was almost more bummed that I wouldn't be a ble to see you.

Pam, Oly, and I are loving it. Still super busy with staff training but excited for the kids to come. I would love to hear about school & how your life is going. Have an excellent Wednesday.