Sunday, April 1, 2012

Grand Canyon

We went down with Will's family to Alton, Utah, for Thanksgiving. Will's grandparents, Art and Marjorie Andersen live in a giant house in a tiny town and love to have visitors. Grandpa Anderson is a spry young buck of eighty years old. He came with us to the Grand Canyon. 


I don't know why, but I expected to be able to see the Colorado River and I wanted more of a straight drop-off on the edge of a cliff. 
The last time I was at the Grand Canyon was when I was about four years old. I told my mom that I thought it was "one mile, or two miles, or three miles deep." I remember being more enthralled by the squirrels than the canyon. 
The whole gang with the vast expanse as our backdrop. I bet more than one person was glad for the guardrails. 
Cole is going to be a rock climber one day. 
I can honestly say it was worth the three hour drive to the canyon, but I would like to do a little more hiking next time. 

No comments: