Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's Better in Boulder

Our first night as a married couple was spent at Yardley Inn, a cute little bed and breakfast right near the Manti temple. Will chose well. The Inn was decorated with antiques and was filled with pioneer heritage. A little, old man greeted us at the door and carried our luggage upstairs. He was very accomodating and it was fun to have a scrumptious breakfast of eggs, pecan waffles, and orange juice served at the great table.


After the reception, we spent the night at Castle Creek Inn, in the Romeo and Juliet Suite, very romantic, but not quite as homey as Yardley Inn. The next day, we took off for an exotic get-away in Southern Utah. Going to my cabin was the perfect honeymoon. We made delicious food, slept in, and went exploring near Boulder. I introduced Will to Capitol Reef National Park, Upper Calf Creek Falls, Chris Lake, and attempted an ascent to Blind Lake. We made the pilgrimmage down to Happy Valley, to look at the old homestead. Much to our dismay, my great-grandmother's home was surrounded by multi-million dollar cabins, but it was still standing. Will and I also learned about the Anasazi Indians when we went to the museum, and we tried out the local cuisine at Hell's Grill, a very organic, expensive restaurant in Boulder.


Capitol Reef


The Old Homestead

Hiking to Blind Lake


1 comment:

Elise said...

Sorry I could not answer the phone last night. I was in the cabing & cannot talk infront of the children. I leave tomorrow for 17 days but HAVE to talk to you soon as I get back. My heart longs to hear your voice. ( I can't believe I actually say creepy things like that) I was thinking about how I can't wait to visit yours and Will's house in the future tehn I was thinking how I cannot wait for you to visit me someday & we will have dinner parties. Speaking of cooking, it has gone horribly downhill. I tried making cookies the other day and lets just say a whole green plastic bowl melted all over the oven, clinging to every wall and rack (I'll let you try and figure that one out). Well I just wanted to let you know I miss you dearly and know that you are doing wonders for all around you.
Love,
Elise