Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fear of Failure

My parents bought us poor folk a Christmas tree this holiday season. I had high aspirations to make a tree skirt, especially after I saw the ridiculous prices of tree skirts on retail. Unfortunately, my fear of failure prevents me from doing so. I don't think it would be that difficult because basically it's a circle, but the task seems overwhelming. Just getting out the sewing machine is a hassle! Designing my tree skirt is even more intimidating because the tree is garnished with gold, but is juxtaposed with natural elements like pinecones and moss balls. I think I will just keep filling up the floor under the tree with presents so observers don't even notice that our tree is naked.
P.S. I have yet to make my own pie crust--that is another fear--my last attempt was in eighth grade foods class.

4 comments:

Jean said...

I was also going to make a tree skirt, after looking at the ones in the store, but was afraid to try. I don't even have a sewing machine, so I can keep using that as an excuse until I get one.

We just used a blanket.

Tara said...

don't worry pie crust is a synch! i tried it for Thanksgiving and actually succeeded!

Linnea said...

Oh Tif - pie crusts are so not hard. I could help you. :-)
I was going to make a tree skirt too, I even got a pattern, however our "Christmas tree" is only 4" tall and so its not really worthy of all the time that would go into one. Another year, perhaps.

The Farrers said...

Oh for pete's sake you girls, I've never felt like a successful homemaker until now. Free pie crust and tree skirt tutorials for you all if you come over to my house!