Sunday, November 9, 2008

When does it get hard?

I feel like we've really stepped up in our blogging efforts these last few hours. In fact, with our third post in one day, we've exponentially increased our output. Instead on once-a-month entries, we now do three-a-dayers.
So, ever since we got married way back in April when we got married, we got all sorts of ominous warnings about the first year of marriage. "If you can get past the first year, you'll be okay." "Yeah, the first year is always the hardest." Blah, blah, blah.... we're still waiting.
The past six months have been the best of our lives and we don't plan on changing soon. Granted, we aren't begging for marital trials either, but so far the recipe for happiness hasn't been extremely difficult to produce. So, based off a suggestion from my one of my favorites of Tiffani's friends, Elise, (yes, she's one of my favorites... she gave me a leather friendship bracelet to show her allegiance to me... so for all of you not mentioned on the favorite friend list, Christmas is coming up...) we concocted a Halloween costume to quiet the critics. We named it. "Marriage: A Pair-a-dice (Paradise)."



And of course, we brought home the prize for best group costume for our meticulously crafted boxes and our flawless performance as we skipped down the aisle and sealed the deal with a kiss at the family Halloween party.
So, while some may feel unlucky or unsatisfied with their rolls, we feel like our dice are stacked for success.

10 comments:

ryanandmindy said...

haha...you guys are so cute. very creative! i'm glad to hear things are going so well for you two!

ps..i'm super glad you are blogging again!

Faith, Matt, and Joe said...

Hey Tiffani and Will! I am so happy I found your blog! Looks like you've had some fun adventures. Your wedding reception pictures are so beautiful, I wish we could've been there!

Elise said...

1. Tiffani-whit whoo(that's me whistling). I absolutely love the haircut.
2.The photo of you dice was so cute, I guess you could say it made me DIE. hahaha. Oh man, I'm on a ROLL. ok sorry for the lame puns. No but seriously it really is frame worthy.
3. Success with your crafts!! We really should consider that business plan we discussed. But for now you can just work on making a frame for that cute picture of you guys.
4. Thank you for posting.
5. Will-I cannot believe you still remember that leather bracelet, precious. Even more, I cannot believe that I am approaching the top of your list of favorites for Tiffani's friends. I am truly honored.
6. You two are so hardcore!!!

Elise said...

p.s. megs got a blog

thomasonmegan.blogspot.com

Elise said...

Tiff-
We are planning on going to UT monday morning and leaving to St. George on Wednesday in the early afternoon. My mom still will not give me definite answers as to out schedule. This does not leave us much time but if you can do anything I would love to get together. Just let me know when is best, If not I understand that you are busy right now and I will be back for a visit soon.
Have a spectacular day.

Elise said...

Dinner sounds splendid. Check with the others. It might be a busy time for them but it also might be a great time, who knows. If it works out, let me know what I can bring & the details. Thanks pal.

Scott and Carynn said...

TIFF!!
I love reading your blog! Sounds like you guys are having some awesome adventures! I like the story of you hiking in the snow with your bikes. I love how unpredictable mother nature can be some times. I agree with the first year of marriage too. We were told it would be the hardest, and if that was supposed to be hard, I can't wait for the rest of our marriage to fly by easy-breezy!
Love you Tiff! Let me know if you ever need your tonsils caressed.

Original Kos said...

HA. I agree. You get so tired of hearing all the doomsday talk from old married couples. It really is great and I plan to keep it that way.

Cory and Megan Perza said...

Hey Tiff! Looks like you are doing well from your blog! Nothing much is going on here, just moving back to Idaho in a couple weeks. What is new with you guys?

Elise said...

whatever happened to the plan of you updating your blog more often when you got done with student teaching? I am still faithful & check it everyday in anticipation.