Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Photo Journal of September's Adventures


The Lehmitz family always hosts a Labor Day party. This year was the first time I enjoyed the whole array of festivities-- rides on the swather, tug-of-war over the canal, zipline adventures, and tomato fights. We enjoyed a good-ole' fashioned get-together with all the kin folk. My favorite activity was probably the zipline, just because I felt daring without a harness. Relying on my own brute strength for protection, I held on tightly as I sailed 100 yards to the dead tree. The tomato fight was pretty intense as well. I held my own and protected our flag. Each time I threw a rotten piece of produce, I gained more confidence in my throwing abilities. I will train for next season. Will and I headed up the Temple Quarry trail at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon. I recounted my maiden voyage on my bike some four years ago. Of course, the trail was much more difficult than I remembered. We weren't able to make it to the top because of time constraints. Will and I turned around when we were about three-fourths of the way to the finish because he had to get home for work. The most difficult part of the journey was managing to fit our bikes in the trunk. Although we enjoy our new Camry, our bike rack does not fit on it and we had a heck of a time fanangling our bikes into the trunk.

Andrew Jenkins, the BFF of my lover, was kind enough to entreat us married folk with a day out on Utah Lake. The weather was blimey, the lake gross, and the company affable. I was impressed with Will's waterskiing abilities. Although it was his first time, I am sure next summer he will be able to Slalom ski.
The wakeboard was a much easier beast for me to manage. I harnessed the waves as I performed back-flips and aerials in the air. (Okay, I just stayed up and managed to carve.) It felt pretty natural, and by the end of the day, I was looking forward to the snowboarding season.

No comments: