Thursday, October 14, 2010

Autumn in the Wasatch

We have had three main adventures over the past month to add to our travel log.

1. Dog Lake
Tif and I took our mountain bikes up Millcreek Canyon a few weeks ago and rode up the trail to Dog Lake along with some of the teachers that Tiffani got to know over the summer from her hiking group. The weather was perfect and the scenery, as it always is this time of year, was beautiful.

2. We also took a trip to BYU-Idaho to take Tiffani's youngest sister on a campus tour. The campus has changed quite a bit since Tif was there for school, including a brand new 15,000 seat auditorium, a new book store and cafeteria, complete with glass skywalks between buildings. After the campus tour, both Tif and I felt like we were ready to jump back into the university life with all of its fun activities. While there, we were able to visit Brother Anderson, the former Manager at Badger Creek. We also spent several hours with Tiffani's friend T-Bird exploring Kelly Canyon and the metropolis of Rexburg. I had know idea that Rexburg had 3 different Subway stores. We also spent a couple of days visiting Tif's Uncle Torrey and Aunt Wendy and their family in Idaho Falls. It was nice to relax, visit, play with the kids, and enjoy the Conference Weekend. (Sorry, we forgot our camera on this trip, so no pics)

3. This last weekend we took our niece and nephew and Tif's sister Megan on a little hike up to Donut Falls. The Wasatch mountains were beautiful, and we had fun carting the little baby boy on our back. I guess we better get used to that.
We tired little Bentley out, though, and his head bobbed up and down against his carrier on the way down. One of the coolest things we saw, we weren't able to capture on film. As we were leaving Donut Falls, a car was stopped on the wrong side of the road. As we approached, they rolled down their window and told us they had just seen a moose. Just when they said that, a giant bull moose popped up over the small hill overlooking the road, not more than 20 feet from our car. We were disappointed the camera was in the trunk with our packs, because it was such majestic animal. Plus, you never want to be that close to a moose when you're out of the car anyway.

Anyway, that's our most updated adventure. We'll try to follow with more thoughts, pics and blurbs again shortly.

3 comments:

Elise said...

FUN!
1.I am very please to see a picture of my BFF...who's name I have fogottten.
2. Yay, baby belly!
3. Do you have any names yet?
4. Tiff, you look like you just stepped out of a pregnant womans backpacker magazine, hot mama.
5. Will, please don't take offense to me calling your wife a hot mama.
6. Have one of the greatest days of your life-so far.

Sausha said...

Your adventures all sounded fun, but I must say I was disappointed with the lack of spandex and overall biking paraphernalia on your so-called bike trip. The rules of biking are:
1. Get spandex
2. Get cool shades
3. Get one of those cool aerodynamic helmets.
4. Get a bike

It seems to me, you guys skipped right to step 4. Please make all necessary steps to rectify this problem.

Will said...

Thanks for the comments you guys. I'd now like to personally respond to them.
1. Elise, her name is Tiffani
2. I believe the baby will be named Cole Emerson Lehmitz, although its not set in stone yet.
3. Elise, I do not take offense to you calling my wife "hot mama," in fact, I often use that same terminology when addressing her.
4. Jack and Sausha, Tiffani happened to be wearing her black spandex in that picture and I often wear it under my shorts. I'm still working up the courage to sport the spandex alone. Also, I believe that Rule 4 should actually be Rule 1 because you would have no need for any of the other gear items without a first having a bike. In fact, if you bought all of those other things first, you probably wouldn't have any money left at all, let alone enough to buy a bike, at least not on our income. I apologize for disappointing you, but since Jack bikes so much now, maybe he should lead by example.