Sunday, October 31, 2010

Baby Preparation

So this summer I had a lot of fun transforming the guest/junk room into a nursery. As most of you know, I have a growth in my abdomen that will emerge as our very own miniature human come February. Before I knew the gender, I started revamping the house since I knew I wouldn't have time when school started. One of the big projects was redecorating my doll house that my dad made for me when I was little. I was anticipating that we were going to have a little girl. At least the house has blue trim for our baby boy.  
 I decided to get pictures of my parents, Will's parents, Will, me, and Baby Cole when he arrives as a little family tree. We are still working on getting some of the photos.
 And I gave my old dresser some pizazz with a fresh coat of paint and a polka-dot design. Again, the treasure chest on top of the dresser was decorated when I had my premonitions about a girl-child.
This isn't quite the finished product. I am still going to do some paintings and create pelmet boxes above the blinds, but it's getting there. We bought a really cute crib set, but have yet to find a crib. While Baby Cole is young, we are going to use the cradle my dad lovingly built for his first-born child.   We're excited about Cole Emerson Lehmitz joining our family, but I am content to wait a couple more months to get used to the idea of motherhood. We are starting birthing classes this month and reality is setting in a little bit. Decorating for a baby is one thing, but actually giving birth and becoming a parent has left me feeling a little scared, but I just have to look at it as another grand adventure.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Tif the room is coming together so nicely! Fantastic job! Oh and I love that you're going to make pelmet boxes, I should post pics of my finished products.

Elise said...

Tiff! Glad you have chosen a name & I like that you are using it already to see if you like the sound of it.
I really really cannot wait for you to be a mother. How am I supposed to be a godmother so far away? maybe i'll move closer once he is born....I am the godmother right?