Thursday, March 3, 2011

To the Father of my Son

 My friend, Elise, was talking to me a couple weeks before Baby Cole arrived and she asked if I thought that my love for Will would increase after the baby was born. Elise said she had heard of many women "loving their husbands so much more" after they had a child. I am here to say, "Yes."
Will and I didn't really have a chance to celebrate Valentine's Day together. We were in the hospital recovering from the birth and getting to know Cole. I may have changed out of my hospital gown by then, but chances are, I was still gross and sore and less than desirable.
I just wanted to write a little note expressing my love for the wonderful man I married. It has been so fun seeing how proud he is of his new son. He is a great dad and I know that he will always seek to have strong relationships with his children. I am very grateful for his support and love. Throughout my pregnancy and after, Will always assured me I was beautiful. He has helped out in whatever way possible to make me more comfortable and my burden lighter. One thing that impressed me about Will from the start is his chivalry. He really knows how to treat women and is very respectful of them, especially his wife. Will never degrades me and constantly reminds me of his love. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who I can laugh with, confide in, and cuddle up to. Thanks for being my best friend. I love you, Will.

No comments: