Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Religious Outings

Saturday night was the Young Women General Broadcast. Since I am an advisor in Beehives, I figured it was my duty, nay obligation, to go. Our ward was fortunate enough to receive tickets to go to the Conference Center. So I headed down to Salt Lake with my little sisters and my mom to be spiritually fed while Will set out with our friends, Jack and Sausha, to the Festival of Colors at the Hindu temple in Spanish Fork. I can really only tell you about my end of the story, and hopefully the pictures will tell you about Will's adventures.


This is a small portion of the crowd that came out to celebrate the arrival of Spring.
Jack was a little appalled that Will chose to desecrate his Utah Jazz t-shirt by wearing it to the festival.

The colored chalk dissipates in a cloudy haze after the crowd exhuberantly throws it in the air.
Colored Will (this is not a racial term, it's quite literal.)
A couple of rainbow children.
I could have taken a picture with Will like this if I was there.

Although I missed the festivities, the Young Women General Broadcast did not let me down. I loved seeing all the sisters pour into the Conference Center to hear the words of the President Monson and the Young Women General Presidency. I came away with a resolve to be a better person by living more virtuously. President Monson encouraged the young women to have courage in three areas: courage to refrain from judging others, courage to live a chaste and virtuous life, and courage to stand for righteousness and truth. The General Presidency challenged all young women to do three things every day: say their prayers morning and night, read the Book of Mormon for at least five minutes, and to smile. I really loved President Monson's challenge to refrain from judging others. Sometimes passing judgment is just a simple as not saying something to change the conversation when others are gossipping. I'm grateful for those little reminders to be more Christlike. Hooray for the gospel!

No comments: