Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Avalanche Lake at Glacier National Park

After we finished our time in Eureka, we headed to Glacier National Park for a couple of days. Glacier was absolutely breathtaking. Since visiting, it has become a fierce rival of Yosemite to take place as my favorite National Park.
Our first hike was a six-miler to Avalanche Lake. Sarah fell into the river at the very beginning of the hike and made it all the way in soggy shoes. 
Almost there. The lush greenery was absolutely beautiful!
Five different waterfalls running into one basin. Incredible. 
Cole is such a great hiker baby. I couldn't have asked for a better-natured kiddo. He just doesn't know he's supposed to be looking at the camera. 
This was at the very start of the hike, but I got some great shots on the way back. It's probably one of my all-time favorite sights I beheld with my own eyes (not counting looking on my child for the first time or gazing deep into my husband's eyes when we were married.)
I just loved the deep cavern that the water carved away, and the moss clinging to the sides of the rock was a beautiful contrast to the icy blue water. I have never seen water naturally that blue and clear. 
Awww... that is all. 

No comments: