Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More Glacier

When Cole was first put in the tent, he started to cry. He just wasn't sure about the strange little hut, but he quickly adapted and was as happy as ever. 
I was really paranoid about the little guy getting cold during the night since we didn't have a sleeping bag his size. I bundled him up in layers and swaddled him. Cole has hated being swaddled since the day he was born. I think he's probably a little claustrophobic after his bout in the birth canal for three and a half hours. Anyways, he woke up in the night screaming since he couldn't move. So both nights he ended up in my sleeping bag. Miserable. I finally figured out that I should unzip my bag and throw blankets over me and that was a little better, but still cramped. 
This wasn't even a redwood, but humongous nonetheless. 
Little midget all bundled cozy at camp. 
This is on the drive up to the top. Countless waterfall,s too many to even name.  I liked how the water was just pouring from the rock onto the road. The cool thing about the bridges and the "Road to the Sun" at Glacier is they were designed to blend into the surroundings. 
I love the craggly peak. 
We couldn't hike up at the top because the trails were still covered, even thought it was the last week of July. It was beautiful to see the wildflowers peeking through the snow. 

No comments: